On Google’s search tool, if you look up “SmartOSC,” you will easily come across the keywords “SmartOSC scam.” So, what is SmartOSC, and is it a scam? All will be clarified in the following post.
What is SmartOSC?
Established in 2006, SmartOSC is one of the leading companies in the field of e-commerce in the region. The company provides optimal solutions from consulting, web development, and UX/UI design to other management services. With a large customer base in North America, Asia, Europe, and ANZ, we focuses on developing platforms including Adobe Commerce (Magento), Sitecore, BigCommerce, Shopify Plus, Kentico, Optimizely, and Salesforce Commerce Cloud. But not limited to them.
SmartOSC has reached 1000+ employees with 11 representative offices in 9 countries worldwide. Some of our major clients include Nestle, Toshiba, Nike, LG, Johnson & Johnson, etc. In recent years, SmartOSC has affirmed its leading position in the e-commerce field with prestigious awards such as the CX Asia Excellence Award, Asia eCommerce Award, Top 10 Leading Digital Transformation Service Providers in Vietnam, Sao Khue Award in the e-commerce solution category, etc. Regarding the working environment, we have consistently been honored with reputable international awards, such as Best Company to work for in Asia for 2 consecutive years, Great Place to Work certification, Stevie Awards for the working environment, etc.
Is it a scam?
The answer is NO, SmartOSC is NOT a scam. Currently, there are many malicious groups impersonating SmartOSC recruiters or other companies to scam candidates by using different phone numbers or email addresses to send fraudulent recruitment messages, asking you to connect on Zalo or download apps and deposit money. Despite the company’s legal warnings and clear information to candidates about the tactics of these malicious groups, fraudulent activities are becoming more sophisticated.
Realizing that such behavior could seriously impact the image of Smart OSC and the rights of candidates, we provide the following warnings for everyone to be cautious about any information:
- We do not recruit online work-at-home positions via phone during leisure time.
- We do not use unfamiliar emails and phone numbers to send recruitment messages to candidates or request Zalo connections.
- We do not require candidates to download any apps and deposit money.
- We do not charge candidates any fees for applying through any means.
The Recruitment Department of our company always uses emails with the format [Name]@smartosc.com to send relevant information to candidates. Additionally, you can find official information about culture, people, and career opportunities through the following channels:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SmartOSCcareer
- Career site: https://careers.smartosc.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/smartosc
- Tiktok: https://www.tiktok.com/@smartosc_careers
What to do if you discover an impersonation of SmartOSC for fraud?
SmartOSC encourages everyone to be cautious and attentive to unclear and unofficial information related to the company. In case you receive suspicious messages, invitations, or doubts about impersonation of SmartOSC for fraud, quickly report it to SmartOSC to prevent and address these fraudulent behaviors through the following methods:
- Send a request to the receiving and processing mailbox: [email protected] with the format [Report fraud][Your name][Your contact phone number]. In the content, please describe clearly, and in detail, and attach screenshots of suspicious messages or invitations to join groups suspected of fraudulent activities. The more detailed and evidence-backed your description, the faster SmartOSC can prevent fraudulent activities.
- Directly exchange information about suspicious fraudulent behavior with admins on the SmartOSC Careers page. The admin team is available 24/7 to receive and handle your requests.
- Report suspicious fraudulent behavior directly at our offices in Vietnam. With this method, you can meet the receptionist to discuss your issue. The receptionist will receive information and forward it to relevant departments for processing.
Share this information with your friends, and family, and report immediately if you encounter fake Smart OSC pages or objects for fraud!